This event will present and discuss research findings with respect to mobilization and influence of regions in EU policy-making. The following questions will be dealt with:
- What determines the organizational form of regional representation in Brussels?
- What explains varying levels of regional mobilization?
- Which policy issues are important for regional representatives and which advocacy tactics and networks do regional representations adopt when seeking to influence EU policies?
- What are the policy preferences of regions?
- How do regions influence EU policy-making and what determines their success?
- What is the role of power, strategies and policy alignment in maximizing influence?